Friday, December 13, 2013

Who says Friday the 13th is unlucky?

I am definitely not in that category after today! And I am seriously loving craigslist lately! In the last month I have scored 2 totally sweet finds via CL. I got the trestle legs for my desk back in November and then we just found an awesome oak 4 piece bedroom set for $150! They need to be refinished, they are that awful honey oak color that I seriously cannot stand and would definitely clash with the gray and silver and pale blues we have going in our master, but the potential is there!

We have been desperately in need of a bedroom set but I've been struggling (since May) to find one that will work for us but won't cost thousands of dollars. The main issue I had been struggling with was the nightstands, they needed to be at least 25" wide.... much more difficult to find than you might expect. Why do they need to be so wide? I found these amazing mirrors on clearance somewhere months and months ago, and I really want to hang 2 above each nightstand windowpane style. The mirror are about 12" across, and I don't want the mirrors wider than the table, hence the super long search for the perfect bedside table.


I think we really lucked into this one. I would've been happy spending $150 for the 2 nightstands alone but now we also get a 9 drawer dresser and a highboy. That isn't really a piece that we need necessarily, but we have room for it in our closet so it'll get put to use. Right now the plan is to paint them black, I'm thinking satin/ eggshell finish for the paint, and then I'd also like to replace the hardware but I'm not 100% sure on that. I love the different styles of knobs on the furniture, I think it gives it a really unique style. I haven't decided yet how I want to handle the gold trim details on some of the doors and drawers. Gold isn't really our decorating style so I'm leaning towards covering it up somehow, either painting it black like the rest of the set will be, or some sort of silver or metallic look. Not the top priority at this point though. I am actually on my way to the store now to pick up supplies, although I don't know if I'll be able to get started this weekend. Tomorrow is B's company holiday party, Sunday we have his softball championship games (4 hours of softball... yikes!), and then my little sister graduates on Monday! Busy busy busy. I am super excited to get this underway though!

No comments:

Post a Comment